We all slept pretty good last night. Chloe and I went to bed at 9:00 last night and she slept until 7:00 this morning. She woke up a few times in the night. She would cry out and then go right back to sleep. Emma woke up this morning in a foul mood. I think she is annoyed that Chloe is still here. She has been throwing fits all morning. Emma and Chloe went down for a nap at about 9:30. I then went to run a few errands while they were asleep. I got back a little while ago and Chloe is still sleeping. Chloe has been doing so good but I am a little worried that she is doing too well. I know that may sound weird, but for adoptive parents it may lead to attachment issues. I am not freaking out about it right now because she has only been home a few days but I am going to watch it. She had some paperwork in her bag that gave us some recent information about what she was eating and how she was sleeping and things like that. Well in the paper it said something about her being drawn to strangers who showed her attention. It was just a strange thing to say. Anyway, she is just so sweet. We weighed her last night and she weighs 20 pounds. Well Chloe just woke up so I better go.
Monday, July 24, 2017
It is always hard jumping back into a blog post because there is always so much that has happened since the last time that I posted. We have had a pretty major change in our family in the last month, but there is another sort of change that has inspired this post this morning. I cut my hair yesterday. I know life shattering isn't it? I know it seems so trivial, but the truth is the Lord revealed something to me that I have never really thought about. I love my hair. We have made some memories over my 39 years. It actually started the moment I was being born and the doctor told my mom that I had a full set of black hair. Given the fact that my brother and sister who came before me were both bald headed, I think my mom made a comment to the doctor about if he was sure I was hers. My very first compliment was about my hair! I lived my young life with nice thick hair. Sometimes it was long and sometimes it was cut short. My Pawpaw used to call me Pete Rose because I had the bowl cut ...
Comments
Post a Comment