We do not have much going on today. The girls and I are going to stay home and I am trying to get motivated to get the house cleaned up again. I finally got the pictures taken at Thanksgiving to post.
It is always hard jumping back into a blog post because there is always so much that has happened since the last time that I posted. We have had a pretty major change in our family in the last month, but there is another sort of change that has inspired this post this morning. I cut my hair yesterday. I know life shattering isn't it? I know it seems so trivial, but the truth is the Lord revealed something to me that I have never really thought about. I love my hair. We have made some memories over my 39 years. It actually started the moment I was being born and the doctor told my mom that I had a full set of black hair. Given the fact that my brother and sister who came before me were both bald headed, I think my mom made a comment to the doctor about if he was sure I was hers. My very first compliment was about my hair! I lived my young life with nice thick hair. Sometimes it was long and sometimes it was cut short. My Pawpaw used to call me Pete Rose because I had the bowl cut ...
We had a good weekend. I am thankful that I got to spend some one-on-one time with Sam, Emm, and Chloe. That does not happen very often. I am thankful that I got to spend some time with a great family and I made one sweet little girl smile just by showing up to something that was important to her. I am thankful that the pile of unfolded socks that have been taunting me the past few weeks has finally been conquered. I am thankful that I took a nap today and did not have to worry about getting any school work done. We have a busy but fun week! We have school Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and then a party day (which ends at 11:00) on Thursday. We have a work day on Friday but I am looking forward to getting some things done in my classroom and get ready for January.
Nothing too eventful around the Riggs' house today. We stayed home and the kids played all day. The girls took two naps and Sam took a nap also today. I got about an hour of peace and quiet. Well the sleeping arrangement around here has also been doing good two nights in a row. Sam has been sleeping in his bed the past three nights. I got up at 3 to give Emma a drink and that was the only time I got up last night. I am almost caught up on my laundry and I am planning on putting it away tonight. I am also feeling better about the decision I need to make about working, so I thank those of you who have prayed for me. Well tomorrow we will probably be doing the same things around here. We are however having some very special guests tomorrow night. My nephews, Kaleb and Kraig , are coming to stay the weekend with us. Samuel just adores them. Since they hit the teenage years I do not get much time with them so I am looking forward to being with them. Jeremy has a big project due on Satu...
Comments
Post a Comment