Thankfully we are all feeling much better. We had a good day yesterday. We stayed home and I got several rooms cleaned out. I cleaned out my bathroom and I was shocked that I filled a garbage bag full of empty boxes and old makeup and lotion. I do not know why I hold on to things that I no longer use. We all went to church today and I realized that I have not been in awhile with sickness and out of town. It was good to see everyone. The girls got matching dresses for Christmas and I had them wear them today. Today is the first time they matched. After church we went out to eat and we were pleasantly surprised when our waiter told us that someone had paid for our lunch, what a blessing! Well we are getting ready to go. We are going to the Ronald McDonald House with our youth group. The girls are staying with a friend and we are taking Sam.
Monday, July 24, 2017
It is always hard jumping back into a blog post because there is always so much that has happened since the last time that I posted. We have had a pretty major change in our family in the last month, but there is another sort of change that has inspired this post this morning. I cut my hair yesterday. I know life shattering isn't it? I know it seems so trivial, but the truth is the Lord revealed something to me that I have never really thought about. I love my hair. We have made some memories over my 39 years. It actually started the moment I was being born and the doctor told my mom that I had a full set of black hair. Given the fact that my brother and sister who came before me were both bald headed, I think my mom made a comment to the doctor about if he was sure I was hers. My very first compliment was about my hair! I lived my young life with nice thick hair. Sometimes it was long and sometimes it was cut short. My Pawpaw used to call me Pete Rose because I had the bowl cut ...
Comments
Post a Comment