Last night Sam and I had a really sweet conversation. Before bed we were talking about his day and what he wanted for his birthday and some other stuff. I just love hearing him talk these days because his vocabulary is unbelievable and you never know what he is going to say. Well last night he said, "I love you mom" and I responded that I loved him too. He then said, "God loves me, God loves Emma, and God loves Chloe". His train of thought then shifted and he said, "Mom I sure hope Chloe is coming home soon. She is sad." So we talked about Chloe for a few minutes. He then wanted me to tell him again about his story on the airplane, which is the story about him coming from Korea and us meeting him at the airport and just loving him and hugging him. He then wanted to hear about Emma coming to live with us and of course he had some pretty cute additions to the story. We were just about to fall asleep and he hugged my arm and he said, "Mom, I am so glad I live in your house." Of course I started crying. Well we are about to head out for the day so I better get off the computer. Have a good weekend.
Monday, July 24, 2017
It is always hard jumping back into a blog post because there is always so much that has happened since the last time that I posted. We have had a pretty major change in our family in the last month, but there is another sort of change that has inspired this post this morning. I cut my hair yesterday. I know life shattering isn't it? I know it seems so trivial, but the truth is the Lord revealed something to me that I have never really thought about. I love my hair. We have made some memories over my 39 years. It actually started the moment I was being born and the doctor told my mom that I had a full set of black hair. Given the fact that my brother and sister who came before me were both bald headed, I think my mom made a comment to the doctor about if he was sure I was hers. My very first compliment was about my hair! I lived my young life with nice thick hair. Sometimes it was long and sometimes it was cut short. My Pawpaw used to call me Pete Rose because I had the bowl cut ...
Comments
Post a Comment